Publications and scientific-technical documents
Original papers in SCI journals: 110
Original papers in journals not belonging to SCI: 9 Book chapters: 23
Editor of Books: 2
Editor of Special Issues: 1
Number of total citations: ~2950
• “Environmental biocatalysis: from remediation with enzymes to novel green processes”. M. Alcalde, M. Ferrer, F.J. Plou and A. Ballesteros. Trends in Biotechnology, 24, 281-287 (2006).
• “Immobilized biocatalysts: novel approaches and tools for binding enzymes to supports”. P. Torres-Salas, A. del Monte-Martinez, B. Cutiño-Avila, B. Rodriguez-Colinas, M. Alcalde, A. O. Ballesteros, F. J. Plou. Advanced Materials, 23, 5275–5282 (2011).
• “Dried alginate-entrapped enzymes (DALGEEs) and their application to the production of fructooligosaccharides”. L. Fernandez-Arrojo, B. Rodriguez-Colinas, P. Gutierrez-Alonso, M. Fernandez- Lobato, M. Alcalde, A.O. Ballesteros and F.J. Plou. Process Biochemistry, 48, 677-682 (2013).
• “Galactooligosaccharides formation during enzymatic hydrolysis of lactose: towards a prebiotic enriched milk”. B. Rodriguez-Colinas, L. Fernandez-Arrojo, A.O. Ballesteros, F.J. Plou. Food Chemistry, 145, 388-394 (2014).
• CINFA Prize (2014) of the Royal Academy of Pharmacy
• 2012 Digital CSIC Prize: Publication with the highest number of legal downloads − more than 10,000− in the Institutional Repository Digital CSIC [“Laccases and their applications: a patent review”, A. Kunamneni, F.J. Plou, A. Ballesteros, and M. Alcalde; Recent Patents on Biotechnology, 2, 10-24 (2008)]
• 2010 EDP University Challenge 2010 on renewable energy, sponsored by EDP Renováveis
• 2008 Best Patent in the Madrid Region (Madri+d 2008), sponsored by Madrid Government
• 1995 III A-IQS European Award on Enzyme Technology, sponsored by Instituto Químico de Sarria.